Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Publishing...House?

I like writing. It gives me a release and a way to express myself. Many times I've tried to get things published and I have high hopes of one day writing the Great Stygian Novel. However, despite my many experiments with the written word there is one form I have not yet explored. That would be writing on houses (story here).

Ms. Estrella Benavides of San Mateo, CA has been fined over $5,000 for painting her literary works upon her home. Benavides claims the writing to be messages from God. Funny, I've read His number one best seller and it doesn't sound like His work. Maybe it's William Shatner.

Brackish

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say "you go girl!" the more ridiculous associations there are with you know who the better it is. We definitely want the dopes to associate faith in ykw with only marginal people.

Author said...

Well, that is the bright side. I'm just glad she didn't go with "the devil made me do it" defense. We can't MAKE people do anything, just present "different" choices. Anyway we are better writers. :)

Brackish

Christine Van Tassel said...

At least she has decent "brushmanship". Can you imagine how maddening it would be if you couldn't make it out as you drove by? What am I saying, I can't make it out now!

The big question is, "Does God make her brush or roller move up and down or side to side?" The words make the same kind of sense either way.