Monday, October 29, 2007

Banding Together

Normally I'm against those stupid rubber wrist band thingys. Despite the wonderfully obnoxious attitude that some of the wearers sport, they still raise awareness for good causes and I can't support that. However, there is a school in Iowa which may finally have the right idea. Recently they ordered a batch of anti-drug wristbands for their students which apparently say "BETTER DO DRUGS" (story here). Now THAT's a message!

If more people took an active role in the depravity of their children, we'd get a lot more vacation time. I propose that they should keep the momentum going and continue with the proactive encouragement. Not everyone can afford to buy automatic weapons for their children, so whatever the public school system could provide would be most helpful. They could produce a line of "Ten Commandment" themed shirts with the Pokemon inspired slogan "Better Break 'em All!" Maybe they could start an intramural gambling team. Or even better, they could start serving whiskey in the cafeteria! Every little bit helps.

Excuse me. My fact checker just notified me that the "BETTER DO DRUGS" message was a misprint. The full message actually reads "I've got BETTER things to DO than DRUGS". It's just that the capitalized words are the most legible. Rats! Just when I was getting ready to plan my booze cruise on the river Styx. Oh well I guess we just have to continue to focus our corruptive influences elsewhere...like MySpace.

Brackish

No comments: