Wednesday, September 5, 2007

What Do They Do for Lost Luggage?

I miss animal sacrifices, the pagentry, the color. It wasn't that long ago the Jews did it all the time. That was until Someone made such measures obsolete by sacrficing Himself. Without the work He did believers might STILL be sacrficing animals this very day. Imagine them rushing off to church, trying to fit the kids in the car along with two goats, a steer, and a cage of doves.

It could be argued that His efforts not only began a new age of closeness to God, but also enabled Western Civilization to progress to the modern life all men enjoy. That is why it is refreshing to see a culture that still embraces the finer things of it's past. Case in point in Kathmandu, Nepal when officials were faced with a recalcitrant airplane in their state run airline, they performed an animal sacrifice to appease their sky god (story here). I am hoping that a mechanic was employed at some point, or else I will do my best to avoid flying the Hindi skies. I hope they repair all of their hardware this way. I can't help but imagine a Hindi Maytag repairman with his office crowed with livestock, or a Microsoft help-line rep. saying, "Please hold while I stab a buffalo...now reboot".

I wish that worked. Around here the only thing "Our Father Below" gives us when we kill something is a coupon to Quiznos, and we have to bring our own meat. Well, excuse me, I have to get ready for lunch. Now where did I put that orangutan?

Brackish

No comments: